November 7, 2015

New Hats

I've started wearing a couple of new hats, that of a work-at-home-mom and the other of a blog contributor.  I know.  That last one seems almost laughable considering how frequently I've updated my own blog lately.  My first contributing post albeit short but sweet went live yesterday.  I was asked to shoot some photos initially and this just sort of happened.  You can check it out at www.burbsfoodie.com 




Kind of like work.  I wasn't looking for a job.  One just happened to find me.  The arrangement is right for a busy mom with littles that still need a whole lot of little kid sort of attention.  I work  from home in the afternoon while Maxwell naps and/or at night once both boys are in bed.  

So October passed in a blur of foodie photo shoots, a weekend at the cabin to help chop wood for winter, a trip to the neighbor's family farm, trick-or-treating and a myriad of other adventures big and small that keep us Flynns hopping.

You'd never guess from some of these photos that this is October at Horseshoe:

Yep.  Our kids were IN the lake.  Swimming.  In October.  It was crazy.  Those kids are crazy.

And the Landelin Farm.  Oh my.  I shot well over a thousand pictures that day.  Seriously.  We took Gator rides, played hay stack tag, made friends with horses and kittens, picked pumpkins big & small and got a first-hand view of what a real, honest-to-goodness, all-American farm looks like.  Agriculture.  It was incredible. Awesome.  This, friends, is how food gets on our tables.  It's pretty amazing to think about.














Halloween brought with it the appearance of Bat Max and Super Chan.  (Don't tell Channing I called him Chan.  He much prefers Channing and is very vocal about it.)  It was chilly.  The boys had a whole lot of fun though.  And candy.  Way.  Too.  Much.  Candy.  Of course.  That's what Halloween is all about.





Right around the corner is Channing's birthday.  We're going with a Scientific Celebration this year.  He's inviting a few friends from the neighborhood and a few more from his class at school.  We've traditionally invited parents and siblings too.  It's hard to break away from that.  This year felt like time to do it, especially since the kids will be doing hands-on experiments at the party.


And that, in a nut-shell, is October.


No comments: