September 10, 2011

An Apron for Libby

What I didn't share in the Quacktastic post was that during the in between moments at the cabin last weekend, I was shopping.  I was shopping online for fabric.  Libby's birthday party was just a week away.  There was no way I was going to this store or that store for her gift.  It had to be a homemade gift, one made by me.  She needed an apron.  Let me rephrase that.  She NEEDED an apron.  A cute girly apron with blue accents.  Her favorite color is blue.  


The fabric arrived on Friday.  Yes, yesterday.  It was a bit of a mad scramble, but by the time I went to bed last night, the apron and matching shirt were ready to be wrapped and presented to the birthday girl.  Doesn't everyone need a shirt to match their best apron? (Thanks, Kath, for helping me use your fabulous embroidery machine yet again!)







I morphed together two fantastic tutorials from here and here.  The apple applique was from this embroidery site.  It was as if they were made for each other.  







I am looking forward to seeing post after post of Libby over on Our Sweet Little Life, the little helper, wearing her apron whilst honing her skills in the kitchen.  If she's anything like her mama, she's got skills.  Mad skills.  

No comments: